Our site, (the web-address has not changed), is an important resource for our current patients and also for women looking for a new obstetrician or gynecologist in Birmingham. We work to keep it up-to-date and informative. If you are a regular visitor to the site, you will notice a bright, fresh look. More important, we have tried to make it easier to find the information our patients use most frequently. The new site is more responsive across a wide variety of mobile devices!
If you have never landed on the Sparks & Favor site or not explored beyond the homepage, we think you’ll like what it offers. First—the basics:
- Contact numbers for the office and after hours, directions, and quick links to the Patient Portal, forms, links to Facebook and Instagram, special announcements like weather closings, etc.
- Quick links to our core services—wellness care, obstetrics, and care for a GYN problem.
- For new patients, an introduction to our practice and physicians. We offer a few words to answer “Why Sparks & Favor?”
- Something new! The page previews our three most recent blog posts. For the last several years, each of our physicians has occasionally blogged, giving their views about a current women’s health topic. Now a new post will be easy to find!
Explore further; the homepage will guide you to an abundance of women’s health resources.
- Have a GYN question? Search the topic at the top of the page. Our physicians’ posts on the topic will appear along with links to articles from the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and other quality sources. (more reliable and more specific than asking Dr. Google).
- Just want to browse women’s health topics? Click the “About Women’s Health” tab. You’ll find a virtual library of information from these sources.
- Need specific information about your care at Sparks & Favor? The “patient portal” provides a secure link to appointment requests, prescription refill requests, billing, and summaries of reports and certain other information in your medical record.
- Newly pregnant, looking for well-woman services, or care for a specific GYN problem? The “Our Services” tab (top of page) will lead you to the sections of our website that describe care services in each of these areas (also, 3D mammography, menopause, infertility, minimally-invasive and robotic surgery). For example, on the “Obstetrics” page, expectant mothers will find links to these and more:
- How to Tell When You’re in Labor
- Monitoring Your Baby’s Movement
- List of Birmingham-area Pediatricians with contact info
- Our pregnancy and childbirth brochure and informational hand-outs
- Hospital pre-registration and registration for Labor and Delivery Tour
Finally, we want to thank our talented web designers and developers at Infomedia—Katie, Pam, Amber and their team! We think the new site is beautiful, and that it will serve our patients’ needs well!